Re: SysAdmin books for OpenBSD + other question

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 06:41:58PM -0400, Generic Player wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 05:40 pm, Steve Lenti wrote:
> > On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:40:45PM +0300, Mihalis Tsoukalos wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I am new to OpenBSD (coming from Linux) and I have some questions:
> > >
> > > - How to make OpenBSD boot to X and not in console?
> > > - Any good books about the OpenBSD way of SysAdmin?
> > > - Any chance to get KDE 3.1.2 in OpenBSD?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Mihalis.
> > >
> > > ----
> > > "GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
> > > impossible to accomplish complex actions."
> > >     --Doug Gwyn  (22/Jun/91 in comp.unix.wizards)
> >
> > I have a question for you.  Why switch to OpenBSD?? I ask this
> > because the main reason for using OpenBSD is for security.  Running
> > things like X, xdm, and kde weakin the security of OBSD.
>
> Weaken perhaps, but its still a whole shitload better than linux.
>
> OBSD is my
> > opinion is a server and should be used as such. If you need a
> > workstation stay with linux.  If you want something a little better
> > try FreeBSD instead.
>
> I think all the people who use it for a workstation would disagree.
> Don't try to tell people not to use openbsd for a workstation just
> because you think security doesn't matter for a workstation.
>
> Adam

ok now to completely get off the subject.  Do you people know how to use
mailing lists.... quit replying to both me and the list.  how annoying
to get the same message twice.  reply to all messages misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_
or get a real email client like mutt so that you don't have these
problems.

thanks
--
Steve