[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SysAdmin books for OpenBSD + other question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: SysAdmin books for OpenBSD + other question
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 00:08:45 +0159
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 03:40:54PM -0600, Steve Lenti wrote:
> I have a question for you. Why switch to OpenBSD?? I ask this because
> the main reason for using OpenBSD is for security. Running things like
> X, xdm, and kde weakin the security of OBSD. OBSD is my opinion is a
> server and should be used as such. If you need a workstation stay with
> linux. If you want something a little better try FreeBSD instead.
wow, what a bullshit.
all our library fixes have no effect to X, right.
every other OS have privilege seperated X, right.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.