[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: minifaq... Re: ELF transition: ld.so: bad magic
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: minifaq... Re: ELF transition: ld.so: bad magic
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:21:09 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 03:28:45PM +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> Brent Graveland wrote:
> > If anybody finds it useful:
> > http://graveland.net/openbsd/upgrade-aout-elf
> > This is how I've upgraded a.out to elf on 3 machines.
> Excellent - can this make it into the upgrade minifaq ???
no, it's too dangerous.
one thing missing from the above document: pkg_delete all your ports
before upgrading. deinstall scripts/programs may fail iuf you try to
deinstall after beeing ELF.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org