Re: minifaq... Re: ELF transition: ld.so: bad magic

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 03:28:45PM +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> Brent Graveland wrote:
> > If anybody finds it useful:
> >
> > http://graveland.net/openbsd/upgrade-aout-elf
> >
> > This is how I've upgraded a.out to elf on 3 machines.
>
> Excellent - can this make it into the upgrade minifaq ???

no, it's too dangerous.

one thing missing from the above document: pkg_delete all your ports
before upgrading. deinstall scripts/programs may fail iuf you try to
deinstall after beeing ELF.

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
(Dennis Ritchie)