Re: Apache, expat & Eprints

I try to use the Eprints 2.2 software on apache under OpenBSD 3.2 Box.
But I get a segfault error all the time.
I track the crash to the use some expat call in the startup perl script loaded at start up with mod_perl.
Looking around on the web, I found that the crash may appear if apache is compiled with the lib_expat. Because mod_perl load a perl module that load lib_expat and apache has already load lib_expat. 2 libs is too much, so it crashs.
I think I found the solution :-)
OpenBSD 3.3
Apache 1.3.27
mod_perl
XML::Parser
Expat
And Eprints 2.2

Eprints 2.2 just trigger the problems

You need to compile httpd with the following options:

CONFIG_ARGS=    --with-layout="OpenBSD" --enable-module="ssl" \
        --disable-rule=EXPAT \
        --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
        --enable-module="keynote" \

--disable-rule=EXPAT prevents expat to crash when load.
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a prevents DBI to fails when load.

I hope than other guys will have less troubles.

 Jean-Gérard Pailloncy

Visit your host, monkey.org