Re: Again about ssh and ettercap

Hello,
I don't mean to enflame this further but I thought that the SSH1 or SSH2 discussion to start with was if SSH1 should be disabled by default, the computer as we now all know warns us but allows us to continue, if anyone was interested Mac OS X deals with it with:

Quote:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
[Ethernet Address].
Add correct host key in /Users/[username]/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/[username]/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for [IP Address] has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

This encourages the user to type at least to delete the RSA line, but may be something to think about instead of considering enabling/disabling SSH1 or 2 etc.

Quote:
Besides from that, it's a human problem. Don't try to solve social
problems with technical measures, it will always fail.

Another nice: Make something idiot-proof and someone will invent
a better idiot.
:End Quote
Well said.

I apologize for taking up your time.