Xylogics Microannex and OpenBSD/i386

I have a Xylogics Microannex xl which I am using to connect a number of computers console lines to. One of those machines is an OpenBSD 3.2 i386 machine. I have made an adapter which works just fine, as long as I am not using the boot console. Another of the machines is an OpenBSD 3.2 sparc. The sparc works fine, but then the console is served by the bootrom on sparc, correct?

Getty on the serial line works great, and the console is served over it, but on booting the machine appears to wait for something. In order to boot, I connect up my VT330, and everything works as expected.

My basic question is whether there is anything special about the boot serial driver? Is there anyplace in the code which I should look for what is happening during the boot process?

boot.conf:
stty com1 9600
set tty com1

Any thoughts welcome

David

-- David de Gruyl <david_(_at_)_bhaermandegruyl_(_dot_)_org> Princeton(ish), NJ

Visit your host, monkey.org