[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: motivation behind the quick
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: motivation behind the quick
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:23:49 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 01:16:29AM -0400, Generic Player wrote:
> > and it's not inefficient at all.. unless you overwhelm your ruleset
> Yes it is. You are forcing tons of extra lookups. Wether or not it has
> an effect on your firewall depends on the situation, but it is
performance doesn't make much of a difference here. quick is a bit
faster in theory, but skip steps usually solve the non-quick case just
To Quick Or Not To Quick is a question of personal preference.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.