[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: agere orinoco gold for hostap?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: agere orinoco gold for hostap?
- From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:09:17 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I'm using one in BSS mode (Lucent or Orinoco). It works well
enough. I'm not using WEP (I block ports and cap www bandwidth
pretty hard unless you have IPSEC).
Since my neighbor is offering my wireless access to a fast fast
connection, I may end up using it as the client and a Prism card
for home access.
Would love to have LEAP support for the uplink :)
BSS is usually fine and acceptable.
Otherwise you can make an offer on a shrinkwrapped Airport I
have (dead airport + applecare = new(ish) one since I got the
Soekris to replace it).
Quoting Christian Gut (cycloon_(_at_)_is-root_(_dot_)_org):
> On Don, 2003-05-15 at 14:23, Pedro la Peu wrote:
> > On 15 May 2003, Christian Gut wrote:
> > > Can this card be used in Host-AP mode?
> > No. Agere cards use the Hermes chipset and OpenBSD does not currently
> > support hostap on them.
> shit. thanks anyway. any work beeing in progress there?
> think, ill go and fetch another card,luckily i didnt buy it myself ;)
Visit your host, monkey.org