Re: agere orinoco gold for hostap?

I'm using one in BSS mode (Lucent or Orinoco).  It works well
enough.  I'm not using WEP (I block ports and cap www bandwidth
pretty hard unless you have IPSEC).

Since my neighbor is offering my wireless access to a fast fast
connection, I may end up using it as the client and a Prism card
for home access.

Would love to have LEAP support for the uplink :)
BSS is usually fine and acceptable.

Otherwise you can make an offer on a shrinkwrapped Airport I
have (dead airport + applecare = new(ish) one since I got the
Soekris to replace it).

Quoting Christian Gut (cycloon_(_at_)_is-root_(_dot_)_org):