Re: wlan bridge problem

I don't think this is possible with wireless cards and OpenBSD at the
moment. Only cards in hostap mode can bridge, and two wireless cards in
hostap mode cannot talk to each other (yet) in OpenBSD.

However, it can be done if one card is a bridging hostap and the other
is a client router. i.e. :

NetA <- hostap bridge -> wireless <- BSS client router -> NetB

The above looks to IP like one single router between NetA and NetB. It
can be done with IPsec for the wireless part, and can be daisy-chained
to extend the wireless range.

Another thing:

> wi0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
[...]
>         media: IEEE802.11 DS11 hostap

> wi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
[...]
>         media: IEEE802.11 DS11 ibss

For the second card to talk to the hostap it should be in BSS mode, not
IBSS.

> Where is by mistake?!
>
> [1] http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/text/papers/tunneling

You have assumed that ethernet and wireless are the same. The paper you
reference covers the ethernet case, wireless is different.

-p