[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ping(8) misbehaviour ?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ping(8) misbehaviour ?
- From: "Denis A. Doroshenko" <d_(_dot_)_doroshenko_(_at_)_omnitel_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:32:29 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 09:12:56AM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
> I'm not sure what is in error (ping or it's manpage)
perhaps this is an intended behaviour, otherwise the last ping request
would never be counted as received the reply... thus the manpage isn't
> but I think it's fixed with the following diff :
> --- ping.8.orig Fri May 16 08:42:17 2003
> +++ ping.8 Fri May 16 08:42:51 2003
> @@ -81,7 +81,7 @@
> The options are as follows:
> .Bl -tag -width Ds
> .It Fl c Ar count
> -Stop after sending
> +Stop after receiving
> .Ar count
> .Tn ECHO_REQUEST
if you change "sending" to "receiving", you need to change "ECHO_REQUEST"
to something more appropriate as ECHO_REPLY as well...
Denis A. Doroshenko, GPRS engineer, d_(_dot_)_doroshenko_(_at_)_omnitel_(_dot_)_net, +37069863486
Omnitel Ltd., Muitines Str. 35, LT-2600 Vilnius, Lithuania; www.omnitel.lt