Re: About strip'ing kernel code.

Hmmm,
(non-OpenBSD specific answer follows)
In theory, this can work, but in practice lots of userland stuff, like
ps and the like dies horribly because it uses the kernel symbol
table to determine the address of process structures etc.

In short: Don't do this.

Better answer: Doesn't boot support compressed kernels now?
Try:
	cp /bsd /bsd.working
	gzip -9 /bsd
(which makes a /bsd.gz and deletes /bsd)
If you want a smaller in-memory kernel, try removing everything
you don't use and rebuild it - "normal" kernels for my 486s are 35%
of GENERIC (take a look at http://www.sentia.org/projects/dmassage/ for
details). You can even tune the kernel tables to be smaller is RAM
is really a premium.

Dom
PS. As this appears to be the theme of the week, the standard disclaimer
that if you do this and something doesn't work, go back to GENERIC
before
asking anyone here for help.
Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:dom_(_at_)_devitto_(_dot_)_com