[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sendmail Banner Change
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Sendmail Banner Change
- From: "Robin S. Socha" <robin_(_at_)_socha_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 10:05:28 -0400
- Cancel-lock: sha1:ivIe/ITN3fkO0UX9qYAd5FaYp/s=
- Organization: Trial By Combat
* Anonymous Coward <openbsd_(_at_)_thefutureistoday_(_dot_)_com> writes:
> I have a OpenBSD 3.3 with the default Sendmail Installation.
> If i connect to the Server with telnet IP 25
> i get this Banner:
> 220 mail.test.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.9/8.12.9; ...
> Does anybody know how it is possible to change this for
> example to qmail (Only the Banner).
Sure. Uninstall sendmail. Forever. And install qmail.
> Is this an entry in the sendmail.cf or a macro (if
> it is a macro which and how must i use it)?
What problem are you trying to solve? If it is sendmail that worries
you, changing the banner will not help.
Visit your host, monkey.org