Re: Dumb but brief - what tool rotates logs?

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:45:47PM -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Coming from a linux background, I'm used configuring something like
> `logrotate' to rotate home spun logs or set up rotation different
> from default.
>
> What tool does that job.  Its not mentioned in `man syslogd'

NEWSYSLOG(8)            OpenBSD System Manager's Manual           NEWSYSLOG(8)

NAME
     newsyslog - maintain system log files to manageable sizes

An "apropos log" returned, among other entries:

newsyslog (8) - maintain system log files to manageable sizes

-Rick

Visit your host, monkey.org