Re: How to colorize with colorls

scott m <pworkshop_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> Can someone point out where I might be going wrong in the following steps?

Nothing wrong there, as far as I can see.  However, your terminal
must support color and you must set TERM to a terminal type that
correctly describes the capabilities of your terminal, including
color.  Since I don't know PuTTY, I can't tell you what's appropriate
there.  However, several popular terminal definitions (e.g. vt100,
vt220) do not include color support, because the original serial
terminals didn't.