[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 2.9 and perl 5.8.0 question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: 2.9 and perl 5.8.0 question
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:59:05 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:15:29PM -0700, Ben Goren wrote:
> Clue #4: When you ask for advice and get an answer you don't like,
> haranguing those who gave you the advice isn't going to change the
> advice they gave you. If our advice is so worthless to you, why do
> you keep asking for it? Maybe somebody on a Perl list will be
> interested--try bothering them for a while.
this constant babbeling and riding dead horses on this list is sure
it was not his question to upgrade or not to upgrade, etc.
so: "2.9 is old, newer release ship with what you want, you can
upgrade $random_piece_of_software_in_base but you are on your own"
is sure sufficient.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org