RAIDFRAME 120GB disks

I am having a little trouble configuring two 120 GB disks
as a RAID1 pair.

I have searched the archives/docs/google and no one is reporting
a similar problem.

The disks are set up with two partitions (c,h) which span entire
drives "h" is type raid. The "raid1" device configures correctly
and parity is fine.

However, when I try to label it I get:

# /dev/rraid1c:
type: RAID
disk: raid
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 64
tracks/cylinder: 8
sectors/cylinder: 512
cylinders: 471200
total sectors: 241254656
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a: 180977540 3624178159    unused        0     0
# (Cyl. 7078472*- 7431944*)
c: 241254656        0    unused        0     0
# (Cyl.    0 - 471200*)
i: 180977540 3624178159   unknown
# (Cyl. 7078472*- 7431944*)
disklabel: partition a: offset past end of unit
disklabel: partition a: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition i: offset past end of unit
disklabel: partition i: partition extends past end of unit

And when I try to edit and save the label, I get:
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: No space left on device
disklabel: unable to write label

The raid size of 241254656 is smaller than the partition
"h" size of the drives ( 241254720 ).

This is with 3.3. I had a similar problem around 4 years ago
with 2.9. My solution was to leave a couple of cylinders of
the drive unused, but I would like to get to the real cause
this time.

Thanks to all who reply.
Arf

Visit your host, monkey.org