Re: [3.2] Can't open /dev/wsmouse (lame rodent)

Harry Writes concerning non-working mouse:

> What do I need to do here?

A private poster suggested I include dmesg output.

>From dmesg following a reboot

[...]
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
[...]

And there is a kernel message right at the end of bootup that says
starting wsmouised

The good news is... it now works.

Can someone show commands that will help diagnose this kind of mouse
trouble?  Seems kind of scattergun to try something in rc.conf and
reboot.