Re: Newbie help - No route to host

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:31:07PM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Richard W. Stevens and Comer would disagree.
>
> This is basic Ethernet networking.
>
> This comes up in some form every 2-3 weeks.
> (often by people who believe that Unix workstations
> that carry a MAC address are broken).
>
> If you want more bandwidth, trunking is how you do it.
> I don't believe OpenBSD supports this.  Gigabit
> is likely easier.
>
> Ethernet Networks are not loops.

Your point is moot, OpenBSD can handle multiple interfaces on the same network.
Considering that the post did not ask whether one should put two interfaces
on the same network and did ask why the routing was not working, you might
consider addressing getting the routing to work, and not question the pract-
icality of the question.

I think that if he reads hostname.if(5) and netstart(8) things will work out
just fine.

-- eric

Visit your host, monkey.org