Re: PPTP and removing GRE on 3.2

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:07:09PM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:
> That's correct.  The following thread also covers it nicely.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=104565867715622&w=2

I'm not familiar with MS terminology, but that thread only talks about
VPN servers. How does that link with pptp? What I'm looking for is a
solution to run an ADSL modem via pptp (that's the built-in standard).
I've seen many messages saying that it "shouldn't" be necessary to
recompile the kernel, but no actual message saying "yes, it works" -
not has the pptp man page been changed accordingly (so I'd suspect
that the pptp port maintainer isn't convinced either).

Is there anybody out there who's using e.g. an ADSL model via pptp
with GENERIC? (or who can beat a clue into me should VPN and pptp be
more related than I understand right now - I really only know pptp
from that modem business...)

Thanks,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org