Re: Configure SMTP anti-relaying

Sendmail doesn't allow relaying by default.
You may want to tell it to allow your Exchanger server
to relay (use relay-domains or the access map).

a mailertable entry might send messages for your domain to the
exchange box eg:
example.com  	smtp:exchange.example.com

see also sendmail.org, sendmail.net for some docs as well
as several books, news groups etc dedicated to sendmail.

Quoting bx260_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com (bx260_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com):
> Hi,
>
> I went through the FAQ but did not find much reference on how to configure
> OBSD gateway to prevent email relaying.  I'm currently configuring my OBSD
> box as the firewall/gateway for my network.  There's an Exchange email
> server on the private network, and I want to use my gateway as the
> "smarthost" to relay email for the Exchange SMTP service.  Exchange is
> working fine now.  Email is going out no problem.  But I cannot:
>
> - receive email
>
> - prevent relaying
>
> Do you have any tip on these matters?  What else do I have to do with
> Sendmail in order to have it:
>
> - pass email between the Internet and my Exchange server
>
> - prevent unauthorize relay attempts from the Internet

Visit your host, monkey.org