Re: Sendmail queue stalled

Basic debugging when you have a problem:
Look at the machine:
  Look at processes
  Look at users
  See what's going on with the machine.

The first thing you could have noticed was a very high
load average.  Oh, it's (dangerously), running ftpd.

Offline, I suggested raising the queueLA and refuseLA,
but really: Move FTP of the freaking machine.

Quoting Javier Perez (javiergperez_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_es):
> Greeeeatttt!!!! thank you Chuck!! that was it! :)))
>
> This server acts as a ftp server too (this is a small
> net) and a few hang ftpd processes were eating the
> resources.
>
> when I killed those processes, the mailq got flushed!
>
> I'll have to find a way to trigger an alarm on CPU
> load... (Any suggestions?)
>
> Thank you ALL so much guys, for helping debug the
> process and for the lessons on sendmail internals.
>
> I can sleep tonight :))
>
> Javi

> Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versi?n GRATIS
> Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y m?s...
> http://messenger.yahoo.es

Visit your host, monkey.org