[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sendmail queue stalled
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Sendmail queue stalled
- From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:43:53 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Basic debugging when you have a problem:
Look at the machine:
Look at processes
Look at users
See what's going on with the machine.
The first thing you could have noticed was a very high
load average. Oh, it's (dangerously), running ftpd.
Offline, I suggested raising the queueLA and refuseLA,
but really: Move FTP of the freaking machine.
Quoting Javier Perez (javiergperez_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_es):
> Greeeeatttt!!!! thank you Chuck!! that was it! :)))
> This server acts as a ftp server too (this is a small
> net) and a few hang ftpd processes were eating the
> when I killed those processes, the mailq got flushed!
> I'll have to find a way to trigger an alarm on CPU
> load... (Any suggestions?)
> Thank you ALL so much guys, for helping debug the
> process and for the lessons on sendmail internals.
> I can sleep tonight :))
> Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versi?n GRATIS
> Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y m?s...