now OT re: cisco-autoneg-sucks; WAS Re: xl(4) opinions

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Henning Brauer wrote:
SNIP
> I have yet to see this cisco-autoneg-sucks people keep talking about, I have
> not had ANY problem ever.
>
> --
> http://2suck.net/hhwl.html
> Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
> (Dennis Ritchie)

Henning

The facility that I work as a contract network sysadmin has ~ 300 Cats;
2924,2948,2950,5000,5500,6500 numbering over 30,000 ports

and we did see the "cisco-autoneg-sucks" issue.  It was bad enough that
it was decided that all Cat ports would be set to 100Mb as default.  Now
the real issue I believe is when you have both sides of the pipe trying to
autoneg.

my US$.02 worth

Visit your host, monkey.org