Re: upgrading from 2.9 to 3.2-stable little question

At 12:57 PM 3/6/03, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 03:21:11PM +0100, Han Boetes wrote:
> >
> > If you want to suffer horribly, yes. If you want to avoid pain make a
> > good backup and reinstall.
>
>I just did the same upgrade a few weeks ago, and it went as well as
>could reasonably be expected. I just followed the roadmap, did all the
>intermediate upgrades (2.9 -> 3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.2), and did some by-hand
>merging of /etc at the end. The whole process took about 4 hours.

I just upgraded a 2.9 machine to 3.2 also, .. but I had to finally install
the binaries - could not stop make build from choking. I would recommend
doing all of the 'specifics' from the FAQ, then if your make build is
having problems just drop on the 3.2 stable binaries. Took a couple of
hours overall.

         Lee

    Leland V. Lammert                                lvl_(_at_)_omnitec_(_dot_)_net
       Chief Scientist                         Omnitec Corporation
   Network/Internet Consultants              www.omnitec.net