Re: KerberLDAP (Re: openbsd yp security)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:10:32PM +0800, Lars Hansson wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:45:48 -0700
> "dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com" <dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> Heimdal can use LDAP as a backend, or so I've heard.
more to research:)
> > Now that would be a nice to have in certain circumstances.
> > Using kerberos tickets instead of cookies not that would be interesting.
>
> Yes but very few, if any, of todays browsers supports kerberos
> authentication.
& we hit the issue of kerberos just not being popular again.
hmm.. full circle. My initial thoughts are it might be fun
to link with dynamic allocations. Since it issues tickets
dynamically would it be realistic combined with dhcp leasings?
Where else might it be a good fit in a supportable way?

Best Regards,
dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#

Visit your host, monkey.org