newsyslog and Apache

I've got a number of Apache log files and want to rotate them once every
week.

There are a LOT of log files and after each entry I'm putting
"/var/run/httpd.pid SIGUSR1".

Now the reason I'm rotating every week and not based on size is because
I don't want to have Apache HUP-ing at pretty much random times. But
what I'm wondering is does newsyslog HUP the Apache process after every
log file entry when I've got in rotating them all weekly?

I took a look at the source, and it looks like it collects unique PIDs
which would indicate to me that it only HUP'ed once (I'm a REALLY bad C
programmer), but I'd like to make sure.

Thanks,
Chris

--