perl in base

I just heard recently that FreeBSD is removing perl from the
base installation, moving perl into the ports tree.  I believe
that NetBSD never had perl in base.  Are there plans to move
perl out of base, or will things stay as they are for the
forseeable future?

--
Derick Siddoway      II. Impact    Non-privileged primitive users can
derick_(_at_)_bitflood_(_dot_)_net  cause the total destruction of your entire invasion