From: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org] On Behalf
Of Sky McKinley
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 6:02 PM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Laptop display proplem

Hi.  I've been running OpenBSD for a year on a Toshiba Satellite
3000-S304 with no complaints.  Then today I left my office for an hour
to teach and when I came back the screen was blank.  I could still
interact with the system, as I could shut it down, but I couldn't see
what I was typing.  I turned the system back on and still no graphics.
So I shut it off again and let it sit for a few minutes then turned it
back on.  I've got graphics again now, but the screen flickered for a
second while the system was booting up.  Has anyone has this sort of
thing happen?  Does it sound like a hardware problem? I was thinking
maybe something was overheating, but I'm not sure.  Any advice at all
would be greatly appreciated.

- Sky.

Visit your host, monkey.org