[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: chroot ssh users
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: chroot ssh users
- From: lbruno_(_at_)_zbit_(_dot_)_pt
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:09:02 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Hannah Schroeter wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 11:34:21AM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:
> > chroot to a directory owned by the user is dangerous.
> Now I'm curious: Why?
The user can modify it's chroot environment. There must be other
details, which I can't grasp; but see below for an example:
I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.
-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3
Visit your host, monkey.org