[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: To NAT or not to NAT
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: To NAT or not to NAT
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:35:35 +0100
- Cc: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net>
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net>
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:43:17PM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Quoting Toni Mueller (openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net):
> > On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:32:39PM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> > > Yes, my technique of using routing and filtering and proxies has
> > > brought to fruition my evil plan of overwhelming Europeans with
> > > bureaucracy (like they didn't invent it; I swear Germany requires
> > > forms to request more forms).
> > you are aware of the fact that the RIPE is not located in Germany?
> Yes, you're point? I am also aware that henning's mail,
> at least, *is* in .de
geez, I guessed you'd know the internet better. you can guess it is, that is
> I am aware of what the paperwork my friend had to do to open
> a store in Germany. Then he had the gall to hire people!
> > And that - reportedly - you already have 70% of all routable IP
> > space, for way less than 50% of all users?
> Hell, Apple, with a couple thousand employees has a Class A,
[blah blah blah]
fact: you are wasting hughe amounts of IP space for _workstations_! geez!
so, you are one of the, sorry, assholes that is responsible for those of us
really needing the space (ever tried to run public servers on RFC1918?) to
be subject of buerocracy. yes, you personally.