[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD installation
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD installation
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:02:11 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Ted Unangst <tedu_(_at_)_Stanford_(_dot_)_EDU> wrote:
> > Is that the only way?
> They are detected in order.
Specifically, OpenBSD probes PCI busses in linear order with
depth-first recursion on slave busses. Or so it looks from the
dmesgs of my boxes here.
> So xl0 will either be the top or bottom card.
> In my experience, it usually starts at the top.
You need to know the mapping between slots and PCI bus/device
numbers. This can potentially be found in the board's manual. For
the only machines so far where I have actually cared (Alpha PC164,
PC164SX), the assignment was rather haphazard.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org