Re: rc.local

It's a shell script.

Feel free to take a look at how rc starts things.
Put that into your own shell script.
Run it.  Did it work?  fix it, repeat until it works.
Then put it into your rc.local.

I actually like an "rc.local.`hostname -s`" that never
gets overwritten in upgrades.  It's called at the end of
rc.local.  In a very large environment, I created
"rc.local.`domainname`" as well so we could have per
domains startups pushed out and per-machine things.

In my personal practice, I just keep startup/shutdown
scripts in /etc/init.d/ and have a loop in rc.local
start them all up.  It means that Joe Jr System admin
can be told to "restart postgres" without having to
understand all the details and without me working about
a mistake.  That's just a personal preference.

Quoting scott (scott_(_at_)_sporticia_(_dot_)_com):
> hi
>
> does anyone have some good web links where I can read about the syntax
> for rc.local for OpenBSD ??
>
> I tried to add safe_mysqld into the startup, copying the syntax of what
> was already in there, but it causes my box to fall over on reboot :o(
>
> I've tried a google search, but it doesn't turn up very much that is
> solid OpenBSD syntax, I get quite a lot of Linux and /etc/init.d stuff
> instead
>
> thanks
>
> _scott

Visit your host, monkey.org