OpenBSD Asynchronous I/O support

I'm interested in evaluating OpenBSD for use as a platform for a web search
engine system under development.  However, I would like to use asynchronous
I/O.  Several versions of Linux and FreeBSD currently support this
functionality, but the security aspects of OpenBSD are of great interest.
I've noticed that a company has donated asynchronous I/O source code for
OpenBSD.  When is the anticipated inclusion of these features?

Also, If I begin development on FreeBSD, will the source code migrate
directly to OpenBSD without extensive modifications?

Brian A. Curtis
Postgraduate Research Fellowship Participant
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)

Visit your host, monkey.org