OpenBSD Asynchronous I/O support

I'm interested in evaluating OpenBSD for use as a platform for a web search
engine system under development.  However, I would like to use asynchronous
I/O.  Several versions of Linux and FreeBSD currently support this
functionality, but the security aspects of OpenBSD are of great interest.
I've noticed that a company has donated asynchronous I/O source code for
OpenBSD.  When is the anticipated inclusion of these features?

Also, If I begin development on FreeBSD, will the source code migrate
directly to OpenBSD without extensive modifications?

Brian A. Curtis
Postgraduate Research Fellowship Participant
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)