[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Problem with MySQL on 3.1



Hello,

I've been searching the archives, googling like crazy but couldn't find
any real solution to the MySQL "Error in accept: Bad file descriptor"
which occures about every 10 days on mildly loaded db server here. The
server is running pgsql und mysql but nothing else.

I have tried the following to resolve the issue:

- increasing kern.maxfiles up to 8000 and also changed the following
settings in my.cnf:

set-variable    = open_files_limit=8192
set-variable    = max_connections=1000
set-variable    = back_log=256
set-variable    = key_buffer=512M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=512
set-variable    = sort_buffer=2M
set-variable    = record_buffer=2M
set-variable    = thread_cache=8

- in sysctl.conf
kern.maxfiles=8192

I replaced my custom kernel (adapted for pgsql) with the generic from
the distribution, but that doesn't help either. (dmesg is attached), but
that doesn't help much either. The same databases have been running
previously on a Cobalt RaQ2 with 64MB Ram and beside some speed issues
it worked flawless for years.
This is already the second machine that has this problem, on the first I
thought it maybe the 3ware controller I had in there, but now I am
having a completely different machine but the same problem, with the
same timeframe it occures.

Is perhaps running pgsql and mysql on the same machine a bad idea ?
What else can I try to resolve this ? Would updating to 3.2 possibly
help ?
Is 1500MB too much Ram ? Should I reduce to 1000MB or even to 500MB ?
Anything ?

Also I can't reproduce the error it just happens after 10-20 days again
and again. A SIGHUP doesn't help then, I need to shutdown/kill mysqld
completely and restart it, and then it works again for 10-20 days until
another crash.

Has anybody a hint or tip for me ? I am desperated enough to even try
some voodoo ;-/

Thanks for any help in advance,
Christoph Schneeberger


--dmesg follows--
OpenBSD 3.1 (GENERIC) #59: Sat Apr 13 15:28:52 MDT 2002
    deraadt_(_at_)_i386_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
cpu0: AMD Athlon Model 4 (Thunderbird) ("AuthenticAMD" 686-class) 1.20
GHz
cpu0:
FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SYS,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR

real mem  = 1610133504 (1572396K)
avail mem = 1487712256 (1452844K)
using 5689 buffers containing 80609280 bytes (78720K) of memory
mainbus0 (root)
bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+(de) BIOS, date 11/29/01, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
0xfb150
apm0 at bios0: Power Management spec V1.2
apm0: AC on, battery charge unknown
pcibios0 at bios0: rev. 2.1 @ 0xf0000/0xb5d0
pcibios0: PCI IRQ Routing Table rev. 1.0 @ 0xfdb10/176 (9 entries)
pcibios0: PCI Exclusive IRQs: 9 10 11
pcibios0: PCI Interrupt Router at 000:07:0 ("VIA VT82C596A PCI-ISA" rev
0x00)
pcibios0: PCI bus #2 is the last bus
bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0x9800 0xcc000/0x6000! 0xd2000/0x800
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1 (no bios)
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "VIA VT8363 Host" rev 0x03
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "VIA VT8363 PCI-AGP" rev 0x00
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Mach64 GM" rev 0x65
wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
pcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0 "VIA VT82C686 PCI-ISA" rev 0x40
pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1 "VIA VT82C571 IDE" rev 0x06: ATA100,
channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
compatibility
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 1
scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <LG, CD-ROM CRD-8522B, 2.03> SCSI0 5/cdrom
removable
cd0(pciide0:1:1): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2 "VIA VT83C572 USB" rev 0x1a: irq 10
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: vendor 0x0000 UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
uhci1 at pci0 dev 7 function 3 "VIA VT83C572 USB" rev 0x1a: irq 10
usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: vendor 0x0000 UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub1: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
pchb1 at pci0 dev 7 function 4 "VIA VT82C686 SMBus" rev 0x40
auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5 "VIA VT82C686 AC97 Audio" rev 0x50: irq
9
ac97: codec id 0x49434511 (ICEnsemble ICE1232)
ac97: codec features headphone, 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Unknown 3D
audio0 at auvia0
ppb1 at pci0 dev 10 function 0 "DPT PCI-PCI bridge" rev 0x02
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
iop0 at pci0 dev 10 function 1 "DPT SmartRAID (I2O)" rev 0x02: I2O
adapter <ADAPTEC 2100S>
iop0: interrupting at irq 9
xl0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0 "3Com 3c905C 100Base-TX" rev 0x74: irq 11
address 00:04:76:18:35:4f
exphy0 at xl0 phy 24: Broadcom 3C905C internal PHY, rev. 6
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
midi0 at pcppi0: <PC speaker>
sysbeep0 at pcppi0
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: using exception 16
pccom0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pccom1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
biomask 8640 netmask 8e40 ttymask 9ec2
pctr: user-level cycle counter enabled
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
iop0: configuring...
ioprbs0 at iop0 tid 521: <ADAPTEC, RAID-5, 370F> direct access, fixed
scsibus1 at ioprbs0: 1 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <I2O, Container #00, > SCSI2 0/direct
fixed
sd0: 17496MB, 8886 cyl, 64 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 35831808 sec
total
device (class 0x80) at iop0 tid 8 not configured
dkcsum: sd0 matched BIOS disk 80
root on sd0a
rootdev=0x400 rrootdev=0xd00 rawdev=0xd02



Visit your host, monkey.org