From: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org] On Behalf
Of Gal Ben-Haim
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 12:42 PM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: ICMP traffic blocked when pfctl is disabled ?!

I'm new to OpenBSD... for some reason icmp traffic is blocked to the
internet, like when i icmp ping some hosts on the internet they wont
reply, but doing so on my lan would work, even when pfctl is disabled! I
tried to apply some rules in pf.conf to allow ICMP traffic between the
machine and the internet, but it wont help... even pinging internet
hosts from the lan wont work... how can i enable this? should i enable
this cuz i've heard blocking icmp isnt so good..

Visit your host, monkey.org