[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pppd has its own will?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: pppd has its own will?
- From: Andrew Rucker Jones <arjones_(_at_)_simultan_(_dot_)_dyndns_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:45:13 +0100
- Organization: Private Individual
It might be the ISP resetting the connection, but then PPP should have
been taken down and i would expect to see a lot more in the logs. My
guess is that the IP address was renegotiated. The PPP specification
allows all network layer protocols (e.g. IP) to be closed and opened at
any time. So, Your ISP closes IPCP (Internet Protocol Control Protocol)
and reopens it, but the PPP link is up the whole time. Just one possibility.
today pppd changed my ip with no apparent reason, with the consequence
that 1) all my connections dropped, 2) some of my pf rules were "out of
date", 3) my dyndns account pointed to a wrong ip
GPG key / Schlüssel -- http://simultan.dyndns.org/~arjones/gpgkey.txt
Encrypt everything. / Alles verschlüsseln.
Visit your host, monkey.org