Re: Windows Emulation

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 08:39:41AM -0500, Tim Donahue wrote:

> > have any  interest in  running. Adobe doesn't offer  any Unix
> > version as far as I know. I've been wondering what would be
>
> <cough> OS X </cough>
>
> I haven't been able to test this out yet, but I was wondering if
> anyone has tested the Mac versions that run naitively on OS X on
> any other *nix system.  Hmm.... Maybe  I'll get a chance to look
> into it further this weekend.

Knock yourself  out trying, but  don't expect  a lot. OS X  is BSD
Unix,  yes. It's also  the  Coca and  Carbon libraries,  including
whatever the  official name is  for Display PDF (the  successor to
DisplayPostScript). You get  a *lot* of  proprietary APIs on  OS X
that let you do all the really neat things that define OS X.

Almost all  userland Posix  code will  run just  fine on  OS X. No
software written  specifically for  the non-Posix  layers of  OS X
will run on anything else.

Cheers,

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com