Re: CD sales

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Chuck Yerkes:
> Quoting Christian Weisgerber (naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de):
> > Chris Humphries <chumphries_(_at_)_devis_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> > > (btw, this was a good, non-spam/troll email, and informative, and not
> > > hostile. so, i hope it doesnt get flamed. it is good info that is
> > > constructive i think.)
> >
> > Quite to the contrary, it was a severe misrepresentation of the
> > facts and slanted against OpenBSD.
>
> So how about a way that people who monetarily support OpenBSD,
> whether through buying CDs and TShirts or paying Theo's ISDN
> bills or whatever, get an exemption from being thrashed when
> they ask a question?  A list of "no flame" recipients?

read back the archives, it buys nothing except a piece of plastic.
donations do not buy you nothing except your own reassurance
you can still ftp for free a new version in the next six months.

none of the money buy nothing except of whatever is essential
for the survival of this god damned project.
god must love us all to grattitude w/ these users, amen!

> Perhaps a percentage of the moneys generated could be used for
> some nice medication (or new shocks for the mnt bike that must
> be used N hours/week)?

no, we are not sponsouring the guiness family, or
any pharmaceuticals company for this matter.

> I know it's not just me that might see a relationship between
> the anger that's regularly vented here and, hmmm, a lack of
> fiscal support from its users.

no again, the only relation is to the offensiveness of
posts into the mailing lists, you've just made another
one and you are getting shit for it.

> That said, despite being "Free, [dys]Functional and Secure",
> I do make clients pony up for CDs when they are using the OS
> for their business.  Just like I got some P.O.'s to GNU when
> our large corporation was using gcc, groff and several other
> tools we were finding irreplacable and reliable.

if it is dysfunctional for you and you cannot do anything
about it, you are free to use whatever is functional for you.

you are not welcome here to give us shit about what we have
given to you for free, flash of our flash, blood of our blood,
take it or leave it.

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)