[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openbsd has no strace ?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: openbsd has no strace ?
- From: Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:54:48 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 03:49:02PM +0100, Hannah Schroeter wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:52:54AM +0100, Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens wrote:
> >Ok, I'd like to inspect the trace of a program, that indeed has problems
> >The question is, if ktrace will help me.
> Just try it out: ktrace -i program argument ...
> After the program has exited, just kdump |less
You can also use "kdump -l" to watch the tracefile while ktrace is
appending to it. No need to wait for the traced program to exit.
Free your mind and your ass will follow -- http://www.funkaffair.de
Visit your host, monkey.org