noise with soundblaster

hi,

i'm migrating my mp3-jukebox (server attached to stereo-system) to
openBSD3.2.

dmesg says:

isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x203
sb1 at isapnp0 "Creative ViBRA16X PnP, CTL0043, , Audio" port
0x220/16,0x300/2,0
x388/4 irq 10 drq 0,0: dsp v4.16
midi1 at sb1: <SB MPU-401 UART>
audio0 at sb1
opl0 at sb1: model OPL3
midi2 at opl0: <SB Yamaha OPL3>
joy0 at isapnp0 "Creative ViBRA16X PnP, CTL7005, PNPB02F, Game" port 0x201/1

sound worked immediately, but it's quite noisy.. sounds crinkled with
*knacks* few times per second.

is there anything i can try to get clear sound?
i know.. music is not the killerfeature of openBSD but i try to get rid of
debian on my servers.. and i got used to play sound on the machine nearest to
my stereo. :o)

kind regards, Ralph.