Re: Password Expiry format

> I'm trying to implement password expiry for some of my accounts and
> cannot figure out the format for useradd or usermod.  Can someone please
> tell me:
>
> 1) how to force a password change every 28 days using either useradd or
> usermod
> 2) if it is possible how to set it to change on the 28th of the month.

For 1), have you tried using 'vipw' to add the value to the appropriate
field in the password record?  Log-in classes (man login.conf) might be
another way to do it.

I don't think you can do 2) easily.  It would involve calculating, from
the 28th of a given month, how many to days to the next 28th, and cron
job to automatically modify the password file accordingly.

David S.