NIS slave problem

Hello,

I cannot figure out what's going on here.

When I run `yptest` on the slave the first test (yp_match) fails, but the rest
return their desired results. When I run `ypcat` on the slave, it only returns
the usernames (including those from the NIS master), therefore causing
`ypmatch` to fail. However, all these commands return the desired results
when executed on the NIS master.

On the slave, portmap is up and running, the passwd file is set for YP
compatibility, the RPC services are uncommented (inetd.conf), and inetd
has been restarted. I've run `ypinit -u` on the NIS master and rebuilt the
maps.

Is there something I overlooked?

Kevin Weiss
kweiss_(_at_)_mail_(_dot_)_utexas_(_dot_)_edu

Visit your host, monkey.org