Re: Ultrasparc 3

James A. Peltier wrote:

Darren Reed wrote:

> Whether you have a large multi-cpu box or not, Solaris's threading
> kicks ass.

No SGI's threading kicks ass!  Granted not an SMP machine but 1024 CPU
single system image. Wowza

- James

Well, SGI threads are just so simple... I mean, even pthreads on IRIX are done using sgi threads... When I took a class in school on distributed processing, I gained a lot of appreciation over simplicity with which SGI threads were done vs pthreads...

(not saying that pthreads are bad, not at all...)

Visit your host, monkey.org