Re: throw() causing core dumps on sparc

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 07:13:18PM -0800, Michael Coulter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:23:38PM -0500, Monty Brandenberg wrote:
>
> > Try passing 'p' as an argument to printf.
>
> Oops. Fixed that, same problem though.
> And it's not just that code snippet, both c++ based ports
> I've tried running died in the same manner.

Several people have mailed me off list with helpful coding tips.
However it's not just this piece of code. I noticed art just added
a regress test (coincidence ?), so I updated /usr/src/regress and
gave it a whirl.

Here is the last bit:

===> misc
===> misc/exceptions
c++ -O2      -c exceptions.cc
cc   -o exceptions exceptions.o
./exceptions
*** Signal 6

Here is the backtrace from gdb on the exceptions binary.

0x8290bf4 in abort ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8290bf4 in abort ()
#1  0x1071f in __terminate ()
#2  0x10733 in __terminate ()
#3  0x11207 in __throw ()
#4  0x10687 in main ()
#5  0x10563 in ___start ()
(gdb)

Is anyone else running -current on sparc able to reproduce this ?