Re: Bandwidth usage

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 00:31, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> A little google work and you'd find a  festival of packages.
> MRTG is an old standby.  There are others.
> Basically, they count they data from netstat and make
> purty pictures.

<Not to defend the original poster, but...>

True, but if there's one thing I've noticed about reporting/analyzing
software, is there's *always* another package that I've never heard of.
Many of these improve on the old standards, or even possibly on some
in-house scripts.  Pfstat and symon are good examples.  Without Daniel
Melameth's response (thank you Daniel!) I wouldn't have found out about
Daniel's (Hartmeier) pfstat, and by extension, symon (which he refers to
on his pfstat page).  I'm currently enjoying tinkering with pfstat as we
speak.  :)

-J.

Visit your host, monkey.org