Some trivial OpenBSD questions....

how come the character set sometimes gets stuck in upper case?   This
happens only when displaying.

(it is interpreted fine, just displays wrong. also, it's not capslock
since numbers come out fine. i know, a bug, a bug... suppose i could
spend the time to track it down myself... it's been here for over a year.)

Related question: How do I switch character sets in OpenBSD?   Unix has a number of character sets available to it.   How do I switch the character sets between them in OpenBSD...   These only apply to the console.

ok, my real question:
if i cat a binary file, sometimes the screen goes blank and the cursor
sticks at the bottom left corner. what causes this and how can i recover from this gracefully?

Visit your host, monkey.org