Laptop screen auto-shutoff

I have an old 486 toshiba laptop (Satellite T2130CT) that I use as a
portable terminal, currently running OpenBSD 3.0. It seems that a hardware
feature is causing the screen to shut off after about 15 minutes of
non-use. The problem is that it does not come on again after trying to
continue using it. I have heard that linux has kernel options to deal with
problem, but I like OpenBSD, so I'm wondering if there is a way to fix
this. I am willing to upgrade, or write a program that uses the right
system call to use with a cronjob, or whatever. I just cannot seem to
figure out how to get the screen to come back on without rebooting. Any
advice will be greatly appreciated.

			-Scott

Visit your host, monkey.org