Re: Newbie networking question

Oh, oops, sorry I forgot to mention that, I have samba running on the
OpenBSD box, which uses a 3COM USB 10mb card (/dev/kue1)
and here's 'ifconfig kue1':

kue1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
       address: 00:50:da:32:9c:76
       inet6 fe80::250:daff:fe32:9c76%kue1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x15

And I'm guessing this NIC's in half-duplex mode, how would I
be able to tell and how would I switch it? Thanks again.

Justin Krejci wrote:

full-duplex means transfering data in both directions at the same time.
half-duplex means transfering data in only one direction at a time.
What kind of card are you using in the BSD box? how are you transfering the file: ftp, http, samba?