Newbie question on inadvertant use of IP6 ??

Hello,

I have just installed OpenBSD, installed Apache 2.0.43, with everything looking superficially OK.

But when I try to access the Apache server browser says my connection was refused.

netstat -A -a                  yields:

0xd09052b0 tcp6       0      0  *.www   *.*          LISTEN

but there is no corresponding line with "tcp" instead of "tcp6"

If I add http stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/httpd httpd

to /etc/inetd.conf

then netstat -A -a           yields:

0xd0905968 tcp        0      0  *.www     *.*          LISTEN
0xd09052b0 tcp6       0      0  *.www     *.*          LISTEN

and the browser says:

(48)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
Unable to open logs

The best I can make of it is that without modifying inet.conf Apache is listening in some kind of IP6 mode and the connection is refused. With the inetd.conf addition, Apache complains (when trying tcp instead of tcp6) that someone is already listening on port 80....

I think this must be rather simple and apologize if this is really dumb.

TIA
Bernard Higonnet