Re: Running while upgrading -- Follow-Up

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:15:32PM +0000, Alex Kirk wrote:
> One other question while I'm on the subject: should I make all of the
> specific changes listed in the Upgrade Mini-FAQ before copying over the
> binaries?

Strictly speaking, no, you don't have to sync your configuration before
(then your current configs will be out of sync), but if a program will
be expecting something, that something should be available before that
program is executed.

If you're worried about downtime, then why are you wanting to do
something the unsupported, undocemented-except-on-the-maillist way?

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>