[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PowerEdge 1650 PERC 3/DI, RAID 1, "No Disks Found" during install
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: PowerEdge 1650 PERC 3/DI, RAID 1, "No Disks Found" during install
- From: Jaimie Livingston <Jaimie_(_dot_)_Livingston_(_at_)_HAHT_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:17:26 -0500
- Cc: Jaimie Livingston <Jaimie_(_dot_)_Livingston_(_at_)_HAHT_(_dot_)_com>
I've been trying to install OBSD 3.2 via FTP onto a Dell PowerEdge 1650 with
a PERC 3/DI RAID Controller. I have two U160 drives in a RAID 1
configuration with 2 containers, one of 4GB's and the other of 30ish GB. The
Utility partition is present and available during boot.
I have read the archives for other experiences with the Dell ROMB, but
haven't found anything that matches the situation I have.
Using the floppy32.fs image, I am able to boot the system without any
apparent problems, but at the point where the installer would normally
switch to fdisk to start setting up partitions, the installer reports "No
disks found" and drops to the shell prompt.
Booting using the cdrom32.fs image results reported in the "Dell 1650"
thread from May/April this year, and the suggestions and results from that
thread have had no beneficial result for me.
I'm hoping this is something simple arising from inexperience, and any
suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
Visit your host, monkey.org